Saturday, February 3, 2007

Ski Race on the Tanana River

Some friends of mine have started a friendly non-motorized competion that spans thoughout the winter season with races every few weeks. Anyting goes as long as you don't use a motor. Some mush dogs like my friend Steve Springer,


some ski jor like my friend Ellen, (Ski joring is harnessing a dog or two to yourself who pull while you ski behind them),


and some just ski without any dogs pulling them, which is what I did, but my friend Mette is in the picture below.



Continued below...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Can you vote for a winner? I vote for Ellen! (my sister...)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Ellen usually gives everyone a run for their money, but not exactly this time. I guess I should let Ellen tell you why, but she took a bit of a wrong turn. I really can't talk because I was disqualified for not even completing the course. Yikes!