Saturday, February 24, 2007

Canceled Flight

I awoke ready to finish packing and head to the airport. I had a ticket to Seattle and then another ticket to Miami, and I was looking forward to some sun. I got on the internet to check my flight status from Fairbanks to Seattle, and it read 'CANCELED'. Talk about panic! I thought I was doomed and would surely miss the Caribbean cruise. I'll spare you the details and just say that despite the flight cancellation and some oxygen masks accidentally dropping while we were taxiing down the runway, it all worked out in the end, and I made it into Miami at the same time as I was originally scheduled. Whew! I was worried for a little while there.


Once I did get going, the weather was absolutely beautiful with a great view from the plane of Mt. Foraker and Denali (aka Mt. McKinley), the highest peak in North America, and clear views of the Chugach range from the Anchorage airport.

No comments: