Thursday, May 17, 2007

Anchor Point

Thursday completed our calibration in Anchor Point, Alaska, where we had been weathered out on Monday. It was a beautiful day, and everything went perfectly with the work that we had to do. I think the highlight was not only having the work go smoothly (even though Andrew got to go out in the boat again while I spent the day in a dark cabin) but seeing how they launched the boats into Cook Inlet. They literally used a tractor to haul the boats to the water’s edge. I’ve never seen such a thing! I’ll just let you view the sequence of pictures to see what I mean.






After the work was finished, we went to see a nesting bald eagle that the boat operators told us about.



Somedays the Alaskan experiences never seem to end. Anyway, another work trip down…check! (I meant that to be a check mark, not a payday check.)

No comments: