Thursday, November 3, 2011

Subaru Salt Lick

Do I still update this blog? I'll try to do better. Perhaps I should start by taking more pictures!

A few weeks ago I woke up on a Saturday morning and walked down the stairs to find this guy staring at me through a downstairs window.


He had his nose right up near the glass, and I could tell it was cold outside because I could see his breath as he exhaled. As he was walking away, I realized that he was with his mom. They were grazing behind the house for a while, even visiting the fire pit before knocking a flowerpot off the porch railing to chomp down whatever was left growing inside.


Now there's snow on the ground, and they're back to find more food. They woke me the last two mornings by...well, I don't know what they're doing. It sounds like someone is knocking on the side of the house.

Yesterday they were standing next to my car for a while, but I didn't think much of it. I just went about my normal morning routine. Later that same afternoon I noticed a strange pattern on the passenger door of my car where the dirt had been rubbed off. Everything here is frozen, so it wasn't that water splashed on to the car. What could cause such a pattern?


A moose tongue! That's what! It seems they were using my Subaru as a salt lick.

No comments: