Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

I hadn’t spent Thanksgiving with my family for six years, so I figured I was due. I took some vacation time and decided to have some R and R with the fam. Boy am I glad I did! It was a wonderful trip, although it was definitely busy. With three Thanksgiving celebrations to attend in one day, it was a good thing I rented a car.

Thanksgiving started out at Heather and Ryan’s house, where Donna was hosting my step family.


It was quite a spread, but unfortunately, I soon had to race off to eat again with my mother’s family at my aunt Lori’s house. I arrived there just in time to get in the back of the food line. Right off the bat, while I was still eating, it was time to crown the Cornucopia Queen/King. This is a tradition started by my cousin Laura who thought that we needed a tradition. Each year, someone is crowned with a decorated, wicker cornucopia, and then the next year they get to crown their successor. Thanks for picking me, David!! What an honor!


After all of that, I still had one more family to visit, my dad’s side of the family. We all met up at Susie and Ken’s house, where the theme was babies. There were three approximately one month old little ones to keep everyone entertained. Mark and Jamie brought their twins, Davin and Hayley (hope I spelled those two right), and Kenny and Chris brought their new little one, Kate, whose hair had a way of standing straight up. It was great!


Nothing can beat spending the holidays with family, especially when you get to see them after being away for a while. I definitely treasure the time I spent with them over the Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments: