Tuesday, September 18, 2007

La Jolla, California

I had a meeting this past week at Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, California. It was nice to enjoy the sun one last time this year, and there was plenty of it! This was my first visit to Southern California, but it was just as quintessential as one would expect, with sunny skies every day and palm trees lining the streets. It seemed it was almost a requirement to own a surfboard, although there were a lot of stingrays in the water. The best part was that the walk between my hotel and our meeting place was all along the beach, so it was actually a treat not to have a rental car! Now I'm back in Fairbanks, and although there are still some leaves on the trees, I had to get out the ice scraper this morning because the car windows were all frosted in. Sigh. The fall colors are absolutely beautiful, but in the back of my mind, I'm wondering how much a ticket would be back to La Jolla...



No comments: